Thursday, November 18, 2010

Carseats (Infant in specific)

So I am working my way through research for the first major baby-related purchase, the carseat. This goes along with my car transition (from G35 6MT to RAV-4), but I'm not going to call that a baby purchase for now, since cars are not technically baby accessories.

I started out at BabiesRUs online and cross-checked the top-rated model there against Amazon. On both sites, it was rated 4+ stars (5/5 stars on BRU.com). Then I read up on the chapter on carseats in Baby Bargains... almost all 67 glorious pages. I skimmed the bits rating models and brands I wasn't considering. Happily, the model I selected is their top pick as well.

So now, to make the purchase... of my Graco SnugRide 35 in Brunswick brown and green argyle or the Graco SnugRide 32 in Zurich brown and green. It's funny how one has the tan base/frame and the other has gray.

BRU.com has the same model in a stylish black and white houndstooth pattern for $10 more that includes a free Carter's mini diaper bag. I'm going with the Brunswick pattern since I think the brown is slightly lighter colored and thus not as sunlight-absorbing as the black. Were I more fashion conscious, I'd go for the black though.

Labels: , , , , ,